Interesting article.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
Lovely story from across the pond. Glad Bromptons travel well.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
His choice was only logical, he stopped doing long trips and used the bike for a short commute, for which the Brompton is perfect, no great revelations here.

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
I think the revelation, if there is one, is that he'd given up on cycling as a form of either pleasure or transport, and the Brompton put the fun back into riding.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If he had 40km round trip commute every day he wouldnt laughing so much.

But its good he has found a bike to suit his needs.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
He'll post another massive blog soon when he ditches his rucksack for proper Brommie luggage and finds his back doesn't sweat anymore.

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
I've gone back to my rucksack from proper Brommie luggage as I'm certain it was contributory factor in my tennis elbow(s).

T4tomo

Legendary Member
What from carrying it, I assume you mean? Otherwise I'm struggling to see how luggage attached to a bike can cause tennis elbow.

If I'm carrying the bike any distance, I sling the bag over my shoulder with the shoulder strap. The beauty of a Brompton is you very rarely carry it, either ride it or unfold and push it around the station.

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
Not from carrying it.

I can't rationally explain it, but I got my bike in August last year, and used it until the end of June this year when I got a C bag for my birthday.

I noticed pretty quickly that my elbows were beginning to hurt and put it down to flinging about the extra weight of the bag.

Top Bottom