Interior door hanging - ballpark cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

69, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Moderator
We have 6 interior doors to change.

Doors & furniture have been sourced.

The doors are lightweight hollow-core.

Does anyone have a recent-ish ballpark figure to hang one door and fit furniture?

If possible - roughly how long would it take to fit all 6 doors.

PS: not interested in DIY tips.

Ta in advance.
 

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Not sure how comparable this is but I was charged sixty quid a fire door when I managed a retirement complex. It was commercial so that may be a bit high and fire doors are considerably heavier of course. Including VAT.
 

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Moderator
Location
Glasgow
Last year I had 10 internal doors, hollow like yours, already primed, furniture included, supplied and fitted for just a bit less than £1,300.
The joiner, that already works for a company during the week (as a homer so no self employed charges), did it in 2 half days over a weekend.
Get ready for a big cloud of sawdust descending on your home for weeks to come.
It took me a full week of annual leave to clean up, I had to practically empty every single room then clean everything, then put everything back.
Try to cover your radiators, your bed with tarpaulin or similar, I had the foresight to bag most of my clothes, the ones in the walk in wardrobe (a cupboard, really) that got new doors had all to be washed again.
 

classic33

Leg End Member
The biggest cost is the time, which if you're doing the work is the bit that'll cost the most.
If you're paying someone else then £75 - £125 a door. Might be able to get a lower price by them doing all six at the same time.
 
OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

69, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Moderator
Last year I had 10 internal doors, hollow like yours, already primed, furniture included, supplied and fitted for just a bit less than £1,300.
The joiner, that already works for a company during the week (as a homer so no self employed charges), did it in 2 half days over a weekend.
Get ready for a big cloud of sawdust descending on your home for weeks to come.
It took me a full week of annual leave to clean up, I had to practically empty every single room then clean everything, then put everything back.
Try to cover your radiators, your bed with tarpaulin or similar, I had the foresight to bag most of my clothes, the ones in the walk in wardrobe (a cupboard, really) that got new doors had all to be washed again.

Seems like a fair price including doors & furniture.

We are selling the house so are not going crazy on door quality - just a light refresh.
 
Top Bottom