Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Does anyone else get this message when going through the forums / trying to log in ?
Usually happens after say, a 30 second delay, most annoying when writing a long reply to a thread.
Is it the number of people logged in?
Is it my 'puter (no other pages open BTW)

Frazer

probably more to do with your internet provider than it is the site, it could be server problems but haven't experienced it myself or heard anyone else so its unlikely. Who do you have internet with?

Aso, use firefox :biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Do you tick the remember me button. I had that problem once when i didnt tick it.
Other then that, could be your internet.
Dont use firefox. My working out is that loads of people went to firefox because they were told it was quicker. And now internet explorer is quicker.
I think that when my page takes minuets to load up.

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

On talk talk wireless, and the signal strength is 100% and "the computer says..." connection excellent.
Doesn't happen all the time just every now and then, just an annoying niggle, and yes under normal circumstances the pages "change" fast.

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Right, back up to speed now, haven't used disk cleanup, cookie manager, spybot or eusing free reg cleaner in a week and a half but just done it. Usually do it twice a week, the crap I've just cleared off is un believable but everything (for now) is back up to speed.
Must remember to do a defrag as well !!

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Plus the 'puter has a usable 18.6GB capacity and 11.4GB has been used (C'mon,I've said before it's old !!).
If I'm told right, the more it fills up the slower it goes.

col

Legendary Member
papercorn2000 said:
Bollox, firefox rules! And Thunderbird bends Outlook over a wall and shags it senseless!

:biggrin:

I just clicked a link,then got the i wasnt logged in bit,i had to log in to see the link.:biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
col said:
:biggrin:

I just clicked a link,then got the i wasnt logged in bit,i had to log in to see the link.:biggrin:

You didnt click on the remember me buttonwhen you logged in so you timed out.

Firefox is rubbish. It takes too long to load.
Outlook is rubbish.
Whats so good about firefox?

Top Bottom