Interviews suck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Had an interview today for the permanent version of the job I've already been doing for 5 months. Didn't get it :wacko:. The thing that really sucked though was I was beaten by a guy who had 8 years experience. 8 years, it's a job for 12k FFS, it's presumably hardly a move up for him. He must either really want that job or be completely bonkers. Anyway as I'm not getting anymore interviews at the moment it's looking like I might be having a small stint of time off and more cycling whilst applying for jobs :sad: end of rant.

Chin up, Marinyork!

A bad day outside is always better than a good day inside. Something'll turn up. Make the most of the spring weather/empty roads. :sad:

monnet

Guru
Don't worry, keep plugging away. I've just come to the end of a similar period. I've been out of work for a few weeks after being made redundant by a large and unscrupulous bikeshop in the North West of England. Like you, I just saw it as a chance to ride the bike more and keep applying for jobs. It worked well, because I always have my best ideas on the bike which helped me hone my applications/CV. I'll be starting a new job in a fortnight. Even better for you, the weather is getting warmer.

Top Bottom