Invergarry to Killin route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Twilkes

Twilkes

Guru
Yes, that's the route.
View attachment 590104
Luiblea to Ossian
View attachment 590105
Ossian to Peter's Rock
View attachment 590106
Peter's Rock to Rannoch

my route (clockwise, 2019)
There's a decent cafe at Corrour station

Hi, just to follow up on this - Luiblea to Ossian youth hostel is about 15 miles, is most of the road similar to the first photo above?

The rest of it is about 9 miles, and while a lot of it is downhill which makes things easier is it rideable on a road bike with 28mm tyres? The small gravel stuff in the last pic looks okay; I'm dubious about the middle surface, but as long as there are no large chunky bits that would need a mountain bike to be comfortable on it might just be worth the detour compared to going via Laggan and Dalwhinnie.

Last edited:

Sallar55

Veteran
Google Badger Divide if you want away from traffic. Downside is its mostly gravel and hills.

Baldy

Über Member
Hi, just to follow up on this - Luiblea to Ossian youth hostel is about 15 miles, is most of the road similar to the first photo above?

The rest of it is about 9 miles, and while a lot of it is downhill which makes things easier is it rideable on a road bike with 28mm tyres? The small gravel stuff in the last pic looks okay; I'm dubious about the middle surface, but as long as there are no large chunky bits that would need a mountain bike to be comfortable on it might just be worth the detour compared to going via Laggan and Dalwhinnie.

The last couple of miles down to the road are bit rocky, fist sized quarry waist. The rest is OK.

OP
OP
Twilkes

Twilkes

Guru
Google Badger Divide if you want away from traffic. Downside is its mostly gravel and hills.

It's more for cutting off miles, and elevation if possible, I'm pretty happy riding on the roads; it might even be dark by the time I get to this point which is another negative for the gravel, good to know I have options though.

andrew_s

Legendary Member

Some of it is a bit stonier
90_descent_to_loch_laggan.jpg

I was using a touring bike with 35 mm tyres (Disc Trucker).
The middle picture was the drop down from Peter's Stone to Loch Ossian. You'll be doing it uphill, so you shouldn't have to worry about pinch punctures etc

Top Bottom