Invigorated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

This week has seen me out on the bike more frequently than over all of January. Did the 100km audax on Saturday. Did another 50km on Monday and today another 30km. I feel invigorated. I shall; be out again tomorrow if at all possible! Hurrah!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Yay!
Rode into work for the first time in ages yesterday, then did a spinning class in the evening. I feel a little invigorated myself!

Melvil

Superb performance! You're putting me to shame - I did 30 miles at the weekend and thought that was fairly impressive given the level of my (in)activity over the last month or so!

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

And the quarry HGV drivers were their usual courteous selves - got the friendly waves from the usual suspects :tongue: Plus, on the way back, at a crossroads, I pulled over to let one of the quarry HGVs overtake me. Cue huge thumbs-up from the driver and a *friendly* parp on the horn (ooh-err missus!). A little courtesy goes a long way in smoothing on-road relationships between cyclist & motorist. All is well with the world today! :smile:

yenrod

wafflycat said:
This week has seen me out on the bike more frequently than over all of January. Did the 100km audax on Saturday. Did another 50km on Monday and today another 30km. I feel invigorated. I shall; be out again tomorrow if at all possible! Hurrah!

When're you turning Pro :smile: - paris-nice beckoning :tongue:

walker

I wish I was the same, I said to myself, 'ok, racing season started again, try and get in at least 60 miles during the week', so far I'm averaging only around 30. pitance

U

User482

wafflycat said:
And the quarry HGV drivers were their usual courteous selves - got the friendly waves from the usual suspects :biggrin: Plus, on the way back, at a crossroads, I pulled over to let one of the quarry HGVs overtake me. Cue huge thumbs-up from the driver and a *friendly* parp on the horn (ooh-err missus!). A little courtesy goes a long way in smoothing on-road relationships between cyclist & motorist. All is well with the world today! :smile:

That reminds me of when I was doing the descent from the top of Dartmoor towards Exeter. I was hitting 40 mph and leaning hard over through the corners with my big panniers swaying around! When the car following went past eventually, the driver stuck his arm out the window and gave me a thumbs up.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I was going over Billsmoor in Northumberland.... two motorcyclists parked up at the top gave me a round of applause as I got to highest point. :smile:

domtyler

Über Member
User482 said:
That reminds me of when I was doing the descent from the top of Dartmoor towards Exeter. I was hitting 40 mph and leaning hard over through the corners with my big panniers swaying around! When the car following went past eventually, the driver stuck his arm out the window and gave me a thumbs up.

Sure it wasn't the middle finger? :smile:

U

User482

domtyler said:
Sure it wasn't the middle finger? :smile:

I'm sufficiently used to the middle finger salute, to be able to spot the difference. :wacko:

Top Bottom