Invisible Ninja's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Cycling home from work and about a mile or so from home on a quiet b-road, I feel something hit my helmet and then something also hit my front wheel. I stopped and then realised I had been egged. There was nobody in sight, no cars going past, no dark alleyways or anything. Didn't hear or see anything. I stood around and looked into the nearest gardens but nothing. I was egged by a stealth bomber or something :rolleyes: :biggrin::rolleyes:!

Abitrary

yorkshiregoth said:
Cycling home from work and about a mile or so from home on a quiet b-road, I feel something hit my helmet and then something also hit my front wheel. I stopped and then realised I had been egged. There was nobody in sight, no cars going past, no dark alleyways or anything. Didn't hear or see anything. I stood around and looked into the nearest gardens but nothing. I was egged by a stealth bomber or something :rolleyes: :biggrin::rolleyes:!

Had you been shopping, and put the eggs at the top of your unsecured panniers, and made a sudden stop?

Abitrary

The worst places are flats above shopping centres

I've seen eggs and fire crackers thrown from those, but

I guess it's the same as middle class kids playing 'knock down ginger'

Oh gawd, here we go, the inevitable what is 'knock down ginger' thread

Abitrary

Here we go...

'Knock down Ginger' was a game invented by London Victorian Street Urchins even before most cities in the UK were even properly invented or consolidated by roads

I was about to illucidate, but that's all i have the energy to say.

-it was invented in London
-it has a singular name in the dictionary of 'knock down ginger'

Joe

Über Member
That sucks! Better than if it was on the way to work though;)
I've had a plastic bottle thrown at me but my ninja reflexes (honed through constant dodging of fag buts thrown from car windows) kicked in and I was unscathed:biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
It is possible that a chicken escaped its coop and was flying overhead when it could not hold its egg in any longer. You just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Obviously it could have done it purposefully though, have you been mean to any birds lately?

An alternative theory is that freak weather conditions picked up the egg(s) from someone's kitchen and dropped them on your person.

Unfortunately it is one of those cases where we may never know the truth.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Report it.
The guy that did it to me and who plead guilty to dangerous driving, was caught because he'd done it more than once.

It also gives local plod more power when asking local shops not to sell flour/eggs to kids.

Also it'll figure on the statistics as one more 'assault on a cyclist', otherwise, it never happenned.....(as far as the records'll say)

atbman

Veteran
I was once attacked after a collision by a driver wearing dark clothing, a face mask and carrying a numchuk.

So I rang up one of those tv advertising insurance companies and said, "Hello, I've been ninja'd in an accident"

Top Bottom