Invisible Pedestrians

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Yesterday I was inside a large factory area where the roads are at least 40 metres wide and in some places even wider. I was talking to someone and I saw three men talking to each other as they walked across the road. They were about half way across the road when a car came up and hit all three of them. Two of them got up and did not appear to be hurt but one has probably got a broken leg. I shudder to think what the driver is like on an open public road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jack smith

Veteran
i hope all three are okay! 40 metres wide for a road though? sure you havent over estimated lol

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Yes some of the roads are very wide (but not all of them) as they transport around large steel sections that eventually get put onto ships.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly it shows how little we have learned.

on 17th August 1896 Bidget Driscoll earned the unfortunate accolade of the first person killed by a petrol powered vehicle.

She was walking in Crystal Palace Grounds when hit by a car

Steady

Über Member
Similar incident around my area, although not a industrial area but residential, and I believe it was fatal, a car turning off a main road into one of those special "20mph" roads failed to see a pedestrian crossing.