Iohan Gueorguiev

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I've just read the same tribute on bikepacking.com, I'd not heard of Iohan before, but was very moved by what I read, a sad loss indeed.

I'll have to go and check out his videos.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I've just read that Iohan has died.

This guy was a real inspiration to me.

A sad, sad loss.

A tribute here:
https://bikepacking.com/plog/iohan-gueorguiev-1988-2021/

For anyone who isn't familiar, type "See the World" into Youtube, sit back and be amazed and inspired.
This really is a sad news. I was looking forward to seeing his next adventure.

What admired the most about him was the ability to find the positive on everything and he never looked for the easy way and thanks to that great attribute we are allowed to see footage of places that otherwise probably would never ever see.

He picked up the Spanish language so well and as he was moving from country to country in Latin America his accent was charging slightly. I'm pretty sure his accent was Perubian / Bolivian by the time he finished the tour.

RIP Iohan

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Woke up this morning hoping the news was just a bad dream.

I introduced my family to his videos and they are just as shocked with the sad news.

About a month ago, on my Saturday ride I found an old club mate that welcomed me when I first joined many years ago.... a touring legend of his own too..... I asked if he ever seen any of Iohan's videos and said "no" so I gave him a short brief of what Iohan had done over 7 years.... who would have known that around that date his life was coming to an end :sad:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I remember quite early in his North-South Americas ride, a Canadian truck driver pulled up beside him and asked where he was heading. He said Argentina and the driver laughed as if he was joking.

Sad indeed.

I've just read that Iohan has died.

This guy was a real inspiration to me.

A sad, sad loss.

A tribute here:
https://bikepacking.com/plog/iohan-gueorguiev-1988-2021/

For anyone who isn't familiar, type "See the World" into Youtube, sit back and be amazed and inspired.
After reading about your travels and seeing some of his, I can see why

hopefully if you cross one of his paths, you’ll be able to have a quiet thought and if you are of a certain disposition, a prayer.

for someone so young, he certainly crossed many paths and people

all the best and stay safe

DRM

Guru
I’d never heard of him, but following the link I watched his first two videos, and wow what a bloke, the northern part of his Canada to Argentina trip was mind blowing, even the ice road truckers thought he was mad!

Top Bottom