IPBoard mobile Theme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonesy

Guru
Shaun, is it possible to set up a short cut that could be used to take you straight to the mobile theme, to avoid having to fiddle around with finding the pull down menu at the bottom of the page if your browser isn't automatically detected as a mobile device? i..e the URL saved in your mobile bookmarks would go to an address that switches on the mobile theme, e.g. www.cyclechat.net/mobile?

Cheule

As of last night my HTC Desire is showing me the full CC version instead of the mobile version?

Cheule

Hmm, perhaps not. I'm using the forum both on my Linux desktop and my Android phone - previously I could view using the CycleChat skin on the desktop and the mobile skin on the phone.

Now if I use the desktop I get the mobile theme - so I choose the CycleChat theme - then when I next use the phone it's set to the CycleChat theme instead of the mobile theme and so on.

Previously both used their own themes independent of one another - now it seems not?

Shaun

Founder
I inadvertantly removed the HTC user agent detection code whilst modifying mobile browser settings.

I've got a support ticket in - should be back to normal soon. :thumbsup:

Cheule

I inadvertantly removed the HTC user agent detection code whilst modifying mobile browser settings.

I've got a support ticket in - should be back to normal soon. :thumbsup:

Cheers Shaun :thumbsup:

That explains my problem as I'm using a HTC Desire :blush:

rockyraccoon

Veteran
thanks! It is working nicely
thumbsup.png

jonesy

Guru
Alas, it autodetects correctly when I use Internet Explorer for Win Mobile; but still insists on downloading 180k for each page; but still doesn't auto detect when I use Opera mobile, although Opera downloads the correct file size!

Shaun

Founder
I've installed a skin selection file that allows you to bypass the login security check and load a specific skin.

This will be handy for anyone who is using a mobile that is not auto-detected by the forums, of for when you want a specific skin selected for your mobile device or PC.

Just update your bookmark to contain the skin loader URL and replace the 'x' with the respective skin ID:

Code:
http://www.cyclechat.net/skinchange.php?id=x

1 = IP.Board
2 = Mobile
5 = CycleChat Bold Orange/Blue
6 = Overlay Blueberry
7 = Professional Blue
8 = Splat!
9 = CycleChatLite
10 = CycleChatOrange
15 = Classic (default)
18 = Cleancut

jonesy

Guru
Actually, having tried it for a few days, I'm finding it usually doesn't work... I usually use the Classic skin on my desktop, but if I look on my mobile later on via the skinchanger link 2 above, it still loads the classic skin. Is there something funny going on with cookies?

Shaun

Founder
I'm not sure. You could try deleting your cookie on each device and see if that cures it (link at bottom left).

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

jonesy

Guru
OK, I've made sure I'm logged out on both desktop and mobile, cleared cookies. Then on the mobile I've gone to the skinchanger 2 link, which has still loaded the classic skin. I've then logged in, on the mobile, using the classic skin; and then tried using the skinchanger 2 link again to see if it will change my skin when logged in; but still it loads the classic skin.

On the desktop, I've tried loading the different skinchanger links sequentially. This loads #2 as the mobile them correctly, but then seems to get stuck, not loading any further skins when I try those.

Changing skin using the pull down menu works as normal on both however.

Confused!

Any ideas?

thanks

Top Bottom