iphone 4... The madness has started

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark barker

I've just got back from the town centre and the queues outside the various phone shops is unbelievable! I spotted someone I know outside the O2 shop, and he'd been there for 3 hours... Apparently the guys at the front got there around 4am!

potsy

Rambler
mark barker said:
I've just got back from the town centre and the queues outside the various phone shops is unbelievable! I spotted someone I know outside the O2 shop, and he'd been there for 3 hours... Apparently the guys at the front got there around 4am!
Madness indeed,can honestly say I will never feel the need to queue up for hours for anything like that:wacko:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Uncle Mort said:
Yes, clever clogs, but it's on the internet, so it has to be true!

Just looking at their blog - there's four testers and they look like the sort that would favour cheap crisps. Frankly I'm appalled that you're citing this kind of vile trash Mort. :thumbsup:

picture.php

OP
OP
mark barker

mark barker

All this talk of crisps and not a mention of Monster Munch... Whats wrong with you people!?;)

dudi

Down here in Ipswich we're more civilised.
I roleld up at the O2 shop on my lunch break and sorted myself out with the iPhone 4... it's pretty damn good - but I wouldn't have got to the shop at 4am for one!

kyuss

Veteran
Admin said:
So what's so special about the iPhone4 compared with the previous iPhone?

It's better looking IMO, has more memory (RAM) so is faster, better camera with an led flash, better battery life and a much better screen. Not sure I'll be in too much of a hurry to upgrade though, mostly because I can't afford it admittedly.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I've got my iPhone 4 on order, i'm an impatient arse. So no way am i queuing for a phone. I don't even like to queue for my shopping at the supermarket.

dodgy

Admin said:
So what's so special about the iPhone4 compared with the previous iPhone?

What stands out for me is the video quality, it really is very good indeed, about as good as a dedicated video camera that you might have bought a few years ago. The screen is also pin sharp.
It's also very fast and is shiny :biggrin: I don't think it's a massive step up from the 3Gs, I upgraded from a Nokia 5800 so for me it was quite a leap. The 5800 was almost impossible to use in bright sunlight, the iPhone is the only smart phone I've used that has a usable screen in bright sunlight.
Biggest downside for me is the apparent fragility of a device that is partly made from glass (but I knew this before buying), I have mine in a flip case for when I'm out and about, though.

Top Bottom