Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone looked at the King of the Mountains Sportive on 29th June?

http://www.robertmillarsportive.org.uk/event-info/

I've thought about entering it but will have to wait until nearer the date as 'her indoors' is meant to be going into hospital to get her wisdom teeth removed at some point in June

Coming down with a serious case of n+1 syndrome, I blame @Fubar planting the thought in my head by going into a bike shop for a tyre and walking out with a new bike on order...

I'm quite tempted by this :wub: (I kind of wish I hadn't sold my Genesis Flyer, which is what drew me to the maker initially.) Alternatively there is this, though I'm not too wowed by the group-set and not sure about the brakes either... I guess it's £300 cheaper for a reason! Purely speculation at the moment, but it's fun looking!

I may need to get a bigger flat to accommodate any more bikes though! :wacko:
Wiggle have a 40% off bike sale on just now. For the price point and spec they're offering you can get quite a bit more bike for your buck.

Brandane

Legendary Member
What's with the bloody weather? Tuesday was amazing and yesterday and today have been the total opposite :thumbsdown:
Sunday I was feeling a bit red in the face after the 3 ferries ride in the sun. Last night I couldn't sleep for the rain battering my windows, blown by the cold easterly wind. Today it's like January, not May 1st! Mid term forecast not filling me with cycling enthusiasm either :sad:.

Wiggle have a 40% off bike sale on just now. For the price point and spec they're offering you can get quite a bit more bike for your buck.

Lots of choices there, unfortunately a few of them are not available in my size... however, this seems pretty decent value for money (compared with the Genesis Volant 20 I linked to above) and they still have one left in my size...

Hmm... decisions, decisions! :wacko:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:sun: here now !!!!! :eek:

edindave

Über Member
Edinburgh is very mixed these days so it's hard to think of any particular areas to avoid. That said, there are many very nice places adjacent to what look like Soviet war zones. The rental fee is probably a good indicator. If it's too good to be true then that's probably a bad sign.
I like the Leith side of the city. My only gripe with it is that it's about 6 miles in any direction to escape the city traffic, although heading west has the option of mostly off-road cycle paths. On a plus side it's highly developed and I rarely need to venture into the city centre for anything I need other than work.

Top Bottom