Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fimm

Legendary Member
Location
Edinburgh
That was fun! Managed to catch the women's and men's races, met Mr & Mrs @Scoosh - who helped distribute EdFoC programmes :thumbsup:, and Mr & Mrs @Fubar! Rumours were spreading about @Rasmus having been spotted ... didn't see @Col5632 either, hope you didn't get lost in the big city ;).
Boy do those guys go fast! :ohmy::ph34r: I saw a nasty crash on the cobbles/sharp bend at the western end of the Grassmarket, a rider from Team GB going down, holding his elbow (not collar bone I thought) and limping off to the first aid car :B) ...

OOPS - P.S. And of course there was @fimm +1 !
T
Nice to see you again too, @Telemark !
 

Col5632

Legendary Member
Location
Cowdenbeath
aye my attempt to catch you for May took a hammering after your rides today @Col5632 .:sad:

:bicycle::hyper: on the bike today but i am defo suffering after last night :bravo:
 

Fubar

Legendary Member
That's what happens when you have no idea where you are going, although even though i got totally lost it was less than 0.5 miles of a difference :laugh:
I atleast know the best way to go to the capital now :thumbsup: well the best way to cramond :ohmy:

I bet you still didn't take the best way back to Fife ;)

Not sure if you noticed but I managed a new PB on the way to work this morning, 1:02:54 for the 18.1 miles - and that's on a tourer with rack, panniers and full mudguards ;) ;) Perfect morning for it, hardly any wind, minimum traffic and pedestrians/dogs. I have to get under the hour mark by the end of the year...
 

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Location
Edinburgh
:bravo:@Fubar! You just need a slight tailwind, and chuck anything you don't REALLY need to cart out of the panniers ;).
Do report it on here when you break the hour, some of us don't keep up with FB, strava etc :smile:

T
 

Col5632

Legendary Member
Location
Cowdenbeath
I bet you still didn't take the best way back to Fife ;)

Not sure if you noticed but I managed a new PB on the way to work this morning, 1:02:54 for the 18.1 miles - and that's on a tourer with rack, panniers and full mudguards ;) ;) Perfect morning for it, hardly any wind, minimum traffic and pedestrians/dogs. I have to get under the hour mark by the end of the year...

No cause i got lost :shy:

I did end up on the A90, crossed at cramond and up over by cragie's and up the steep hill :thumbsup:

Well done on the PB :thanks:
 

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Location
Bristol
Do report it on here when you break the hour, some of us don't keep up with FB
Agreed!:thumbsup:

, strava etc :smile:

T
Heresy! :evil:
 
aye my attempt to catch you for May took a hammering after your rides today @Col5632 .:sad:
:bicycle::hyper: on the bike today but i am defo suffering after last night :bravo:

You're just behind me now @Col5632 (before this morning anyway) After my good start to the month, I'm now limping toward 500km for the month (should just make it as long as I can fit in about 60km tomorrow)... Anyhoo, still managing more each month than last year, so happy with that! ^_^
 

Col5632

Legendary Member
Location
Cowdenbeath
You're just behind me now @Col5632 (before this morning anyway) After my good start to the month, I'm now limping toward 500km for the month (should just make it as long as I can fit in about 60km tomorrow)... Anyhoo, still managing more each month than last year, so happy with that! ^_^

I only have time for my usual 5 miles each way on a friday, no cycling on sat :cry:
 

Fubar

Legendary Member
:bravo:@Fubar! You just need a slight tailwind, and chuck anything you don't REALLY need to cart out of the panniers ;).
Do report it on here when you break the hour, some of us don't keep up with FB, strava etc :smile:

T

To be fair it was pretty light this morning as I brought most of my clothes in earlier in the week, though getting under the hour with the panniers would be so much more of an achievement - I mean I could just pedal in on my Focus with no luggage and would be confident of getting under the hour, but where's the fun in that? Plus I wouldn't be able to bump up and down pavements and care not a jot (though maybe that's what did for my tyre...)

I have an aim to average 20mph on a ride over 10 miles before the end of the year, I think it's achievable (though not on the tourer!) but whether I make it or not is another matter - will report here IF I do...
 

Fubar

Legendary Member
No cause i got lost :shy:

I did end up on the A90, crossed at cramond and up over by cragie's and up the steep hill :thumbsup:

Well done on the PB :thanks:

It was only after you left I thought I could have offered you a lift home, though we were parked about a 30 minute walk away so might have still knackered you.
 

Col5632

Legendary Member
Location
Cowdenbeath
To be fair it was pretty light this morning as I brought most of my clothes in earlier in the week, though getting under the hour with the panniers would be so much more of an achievement - I mean I could just pedal in on my Focus with no luggage and would be confident of getting under the hour, but where's the fun in that? Plus I wouldn't be able to bump up and down pavements and care not a jot (though maybe that's what did for my tyre...)

I have an aim to average 20mph on a ride over 10 miles before the end of the year, I think it's achievable (though not on the tourer!) but whether I make it or not is another matter - will report here IF I do...

How hilly would your route be?
 
Top Bottom