Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Has anyone seen any sign of the undercover cops out and about?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-48181424
I heard a whisper the Trossachs area just north of Aberfoyle was one of the areas....
not exactly an urban area..

Has anyone seen any sign of the undercover cops out and about?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-48181424
John Beattie of BBC radio Scotland has been coming in for flak for Twittering nonsense in a follow up to this campaign:sad: .
Reading the comments to the BBC article and under John Beattie's tweets makes me convinced that most people's internal narrative consists entirely of:
giphy.gif

There was this particularly egregious halfwit who called moving towards the centre of the lane when approaching a parked car with an open door "overtaking" and refused to consider the possibility that the very many people who told him he was wrong might actually be onto something.

Slick

Guru
No, I have not seen any cyclists at all at all:sad:.
I have written to Cycling Scotland expressing doubts about this campaign and pointing out that Police Scotland are not interested in close pass reports unless backed up by video evidence. I don't know of any other crime reports that are ignored if not backed up by video, and wait a response.
John Beattie of BBC radio Scotland has been coming in for flak for Twittering nonsense in a follow up to this campaign:sad: .
I do carry a camera but still never reported the lots of close passes I can catch regularly. I might start sending a few in just to see if they take them seriously or not.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I would be disappointed if that were true as that's my brothers patch who is a Sargent round there, as well as the obvious issue of very light country traffic compared to lots of other places.
I got info second hand..
I wondered if something to do with the route being used for a race or something

I was in Paisley yesterday and got verbally abused by a twat in an Audi, made my day being able to call someone Fatso....
A fine welcome to Feegie:laugh:

snorri

Legendary Member
I would be disappointed if that were true as that's my brothers patch who is a Sargent round there, as well as the obvious issue of very light country traffic compared to lots of other places.
Sadly it is on rural roads that more serious crashes occur due to higher motor vehicle speeds, I'm all in favour of a nationwide approach rather than urban only. Although of course the police prosecution stats could be made to look more impressive if they concentrate on urban:whistle:.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I haven't seen any of the promotional stuff about this campaign. Does it focus purely on overtaking distance or does it cover drawing back in after the overtake? If it doesn't it should.

HERE

Slick

Guru
I got info second hand..
I wondered if something to do with the route being used for a race or something

I was in Paisley yesterday and got verbally abused by a twat in an Audi, made my day being able to call someone Fatso....
A fine welcome to Feegie:laugh:
A new meaning to the feegie park massive. :laugh::laugh:

I go through Paisley quite often and usually fair not too bad, but there is now some roadworks on the way out that can make it tougher than it needs to be. :bicycle:

Slick

Guru
Sadly it is on rural roads that more serious crashes occur due to higher motor vehicle speeds, I'm all in favour of a nationwide approach rather than urban only. Although of course the police prosecution stats could be made to look more impressive if they concentrate on urban:whistle:.
I was thinking that as I typed the question. I actually go round that way fairly regularly, on one particular occasion a car coming from the opposite direction crossed the white line at speed but corrected at the last minute. My brother reckoned someone was on the phone but I felt it was a deliberate warning.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
A new meaning to the feegie park massive. :laugh::laugh:

I go through Paisley quite often and usually fair not too bad, but there is now some roadworks on the way out that can make it tougher than it needs to be. :bicycle:
I tend to head right at the roundabout at plod station and head out towards Candren Rd then on to Linwood..
remember the area elected a Tory councillor last time round....

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I've used that route but only when dropping the car off for service before work.

Can you believe the Tories are there and Shettleston. :eek:
I'll not put my thoughts down on the latter..
Candren/Blackstoun Rd, a great place to watch aircraft coming in from the south, my excuse for heading down that way yesterday.

Top Bottom