iron man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wilkie

A massive well done to any one that took part in iron man today I watched the cyclists pass through Coppull this morning absolutely amazing...well done guys and girls :-) x

GentlyBenevolent

Nipped over to cheer a few through eccleston - very impressive all round.

davefb

Guru
got to cheer em round the marathon bit.... from the confines of a pub beer garden ;) ...

incredible acheivement, even the poor buggers reduced to walking :-/

Arsen Gere

Über Member
I was doing quite well until my ankle went on the marathon, I had to retire at mile 20 for a DNF. 1.06 for the swim 5:51 for the bike I was 4th in my age group going in to the run. Frustrating after all that training. The wet start on the bike section meant I went down the twisty descent from the hill at Rivington at 27 mph the first time, 35 mph the second time and 43 mph the third time whoo hooo.

I was doing quite well until my ankle went on the marathon

Understatement alert!

The wet start on the bike section meant I went down the twisty descent from the hill at Rivington at 27 mph the first time, 35 mph the second time and 43 mph the third time whoo hooo.

I love that descent I do, it's just a pity about the unavoidable ascent* you have to do to enjoy it :heat:

*and 3 times on the Ironman :wacko: It kills me doing it once on a Sunday pootle :surrender:

Top Bottom