Ironic close pass!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
Well, I have watched the whole thing but I have to admit that I skipped most of the cycling bits.

I'd like to offer some constructive criticism on your new YouTube channel.

I doubt very much that your perceived improved average speed is anything to do with your modifications to the bike. Carbon forks, new brake cables, and calipers aren't going to make you any faster; nothing you'd notice, anyway. What makes you faster is miles in the saddle, and some structured training with a healthy diet. I see you also refer to your cantilever brakes as being "twin pot". Well, there are no pots on rim brakes like yours, I expect you mean pads, which there would definitely be two of, otherwise they wouldn't work. "Pots" are found on disc brakes only, cable or hydraucally actuated.

Also, I watched your Don't get stitched up buying second hand!!! video, and rather than spend 26 minutes talking about your own experience, it would be better if you popped your bike on a stand and showed your viewers how to check things like bearing wear on bottom bracket, wheels, etc. You could also mention to check the condition of the rims, and show how the gears and brakes should operate. Its also worth noting that your reference to "sharks teeth" when asessing casette / chainring wear, should be "shark fin", sharks' teeth don't curve on one side, their fins do.

So, all in all, I think you will be more successful with your vlog if you shorten your videos, provide accurate information and pitch it at the beginner by getting your hands dirty and showing them round your bike on the workstand.
Thanks for the advice and I will take this on bored for future videos.

I am new to this from a personal sense but do alot of this stuff in my professional life but in a totally different field which I am fully aware is a million miles apart when it comes to cycling and these types of videos.

It's a learning curve so any advice positive or negative is greatly received.

Last edited:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Thanks for the advice and I will take this on bored for future videos.
Freudian slip? :laugh:

Top Bottom