Ironman 70.3 cycle stage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DannO

Just completed my 1st 70.3 Ironman event and did the 56mile cycle leg in 3h 30mins. Is this a fair time for this distance considering it was my 1st time and it was done straight from a 1900mm open water swim? many thanks:smile:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
DannO said:
Just completed my 1st 70.3 Ironman event and did the 56mile cycle leg in 3h 30mins. Is this a fair time for this distance considering it was my 1st time and it was done straight from a 1900mm open water swim? many thanks:smile:
Wow - how long did it take to do such a long swim??? Lie in the water and the job's done! :biggrin:;)

mr Mag00

rising member
Danno I think that is a fair time for the first effort how was the run following that. I am thinking of doing a much smaller event this summer. well done!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
DannO said:

Well done!

Yes that is a good time for the bike leg in my opinion, took me 3:13 to do 50 miles the 1st (and only) time I did 50 miles, that was with fresh legs.

I want to take up triathlon, but I cant swim properly, I can swim, better than the average joe's doggy paddle, but not efficiently like a proper swimmer/triathlete, Im going to take swimming lessons when the local poor gets quiet when all the undergrad students go back to their parents for summer :biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
mr Mag00 said:
SharkyBloke!!!! :smile:
:biggrin: Sorry, couldn't resist. :biggrin::biggrin:

Seriously though, sounds like a very good time. I've been aiming for 3.30hrs for the Manc - Blackpool for the last couple of years I've done it (60 miles, IIRC) and very came close last year (3 hrs 31 mins and 19 secs).. I would have made it if it hadn't have been for those pesky pedestrians and the ped crossing about 1/2 mile prior to the finish too!! :biggrin:

Respect for completion of the Ironman... pretty sure I'd never make it!

OP
OP
DannO

DannO

Love the banter mate, that's what life is all about. Cheers for the feedback

Top Bottom