Irony thread #513

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I always thought the "criminal deterrent" bit was laughable anyway
Absolutely, there's very little evidence that it deters the light fingered. Indeed, it's not that good as a detection tool - the figues may be a touch out of date now, but BITD if you divided crimes by the value of the cameras that had actually brought about a detect, it averaged out at £600,000 per detection. Hardly cost effective.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
But, but, but folks have to be connected to their phones 24/7 don't they? :okay:

Don't Ring replace the doorbell if it gets stolen?

Craig Charles fitted on on last week's Gadget Show, they are just clipped into a holder on the door frame, so would be very easy to liberate if you were that way inclined. Although the householder would at least have footage of it being taken...

Like this bloke some years back?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I live in a small village out in the sticks. Someone nicked our heart starter from the village hall wall. What would you do with a heart starter? Apart from the obvious

What I didnt know is the provider can call the heart starter and decommission it. Our next one will be fitted with gps.

stephec

Legendary Member
I live in a small village out in the sticks. Someone nicked our heart starter from the village hall wall. What would you do with a heart starter? Apart from the obvious

What I didnt know is the provider can call the heart starter and decommission it. Our next one will be fitted with gps.
And an explosive device that can be operated remotely as well hopefully.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
People will steal anything and sell it for pennies in the pound if it gets them their next fix. And people will pay it, not matter how dodgy, dishonest or illogical it may seem to a reasonable person, just so long as they think they're getting a good deal.

D

Deleted member 26715

Presumably it will find it's way offshore or melted down for it's metals, I assume there is some battery things inside

Top Bottom