Is anybody NOT watching the Rugby?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonesy

Guru
Abitrary said:
Does anybody really understand the rules? I played it at school for years, and never understood a single thing I was doing

All I remember was having my head sat on in muddy puddles by kids in the lower-achieving classes

I understood the rules of school rugby well enough: avoid the ball at all cost, otherwise you'll get flattened by a load of boys much bigger than yourself! :biggrin:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Joe24 said:
Penalty goal is 2 points
Try is 5 i think
cant pass the ball farward
if you have the ball your foot cannot touch the lines on the outside
Theres more, but i cant remember them all.

Try = 5 points
Conversion (after try) = 2 points
Penalty / drop kick = 3 points
Basic rules are :- hooligans on the pitch, beer drinkers in the stands. Knock three barrels of shite out of your opposing number, when the referee blows final whistle, shake hands with the fella who broke your nose, you clap opposing team, they clap you, go to pub together, get pished, sing bawdy songs, tell fella who broke your nose how much you love and respect him.
Kiss him on cheek, he kisses you on cheek, hugs, many more beers, book taxi home and piss off to wifey.

Abitrary

mjones said:
I understood the rules of school rugby well enough: avoid the ball at all cost, otherwise you'll get flattened by a load of boys much bigger than yourself! :biggrin:

I think I was something called fly half

It's not a sport, it's an excuse to handle other men. The excessive machismo is just a front. I wish they'd all just pop down to Brighton for a weekend instead of thundering about like muddy wardrobes with legs and groping each other.

Top Bottom