Is anyone else having grief with Garmin Connect?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greasy Gilbert

I know nothing so feel free to contradict me.
For some reason yesterday, my Edge Explore decided to stop talking to the Garmin Connect app on my Android tablet.
At first it just wouldn't sync but it's at a stage now where it simply refuses to recognise any Garmin device. Weirdly enough though, both my Edge Explore and my Edge 130 plus connect and sync fine on my old phone.
It seems its not an isolated case as there are plenty of users on the Garmin forum with the same issue but there doesn't appear to be a resolution forthcoming from Garmin support. It seems to be happening after the latest update of the app.
I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this issue and if there is a workaround to resolve it.
So far I've done all the usual, deleting devices and profiles, reinstalling the app, turning it off and on again (IT Crowd reference there..), emailed Garmin support etc..
All to no avail.
Feel free to dive into this as you will.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Sorry ... you've done all the things I would try. Including switching it off and on again.

OP
OP
Greasy Gilbert

Greasy Gilbert

I know nothing so feel free to contradict me.
Turning off and restarting bluetooth.
Try using a data cable to see if the tablet can see the device.
Yep, tried that.
Force stopping the app, clearing cache....everything the help section on Garmins website suggests.
The app sees the device, sends the passkey to pair it, accepts it, then fails to connect the device, giving me the retry option. This sends me back to the start for another five minutes of hilarity.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Hopefully if lots of others are reporting it Garmin will do a quick update to resolve it (I'm sure this has happened before). I normally assume I've done something wrong first..

Top Bottom