Is it dry lube time?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob500

170 miles done so far on one Wurth dry lubing of my Cannondale ....... Once every 250 miles would be fine by me!

Hi Colin. Is the 250 based on it being a dry lube? Or would you be doing the same routine if you happened to be using a wet lube?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Colin. Is the 250 based on it being a dry lube? Or would you be doing the same routine if you happened to be using a wet lube?
I used to wet lube a chain if started squeaking. I also did it when cleaning a dirty chain - I'd lube it, wipe it clean and then repeat.

I'm happy with the results with the dry lube so far but I've read that dry lube needs redoing regularly. I have decided that it is cheaper to lube the chain properly and have it last longer, than to wear the chain out and have to replace it. 250 dry miles just seems like a decent interval if it can last that long. I'd probably do it after every seriously wet ride though because I think dry lube washes out more easily than wet lube.

Jdratcliffe

have been using dry lube but had to relube every day last week due to down pours so last weekend ( maintenance ans bike wash happens on a Sunday after gp :-) )i went wet again kinda glad due to the soaking been getting even relube chain mid week as week lucky as was pouring down yday when i left work !!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've decided that since Sunday's ride looks like it might be wet, I will relube the chain before the ride rather than after it. I don't want to risk my chain starting squeaking about 2 miles into the ride, annoying me and everybody else!

Top Bottom