Is it just me or is this bloody ridiculous?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Malkin

Veteran
So a marketing email lands in my mail box from Fawkes cycles proclaiming that they have some "Mouthwatering discounts on hydration gear" and I casually click on the link to go to their site.

I am presented with this:http://www.fawkes-cycles.co.uk/2490...tm_content=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter

Over £60 for a plastic bottle and cage - what planet are these people from??
What benefit could you possible get from having a water bottle that expensive over one that costs a fraction of the price? - Dont talk to me about "weight savings", for goodness sake, just put an eggcup full less water in a cheap one and it will weigh the same.

Or am I just a skinflint old dinosaur? after all I still cant get my head round the whole concept of why people pay perfectly good money for bottled water when I get it for free out of my kitchen tap!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Sitting down, try a search for Campagnolo Record bottle cage (sometimes the bottle is included in the price too!)

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
You are a skinflint old dinasour just like me. Thank God at least some of us can see through the marketing BS that so many seem to swallow hook line and sinker.PS if you really can't think of something to blow your money on try googling a Campagnolo corkscrew.

GBC

Veteran
"Typical time savings in a 40 km TT is around 28 seconds over a standard bottle and cage"

Even allowing that it is only 500cc instead of 1ltr, that's quite a claim!!

snorri

Legendary Member
Yes, you are a miserable git.
Go on, push the boat out for once in your life and get a nice chain for your bike.
http://www.rohloff.de/en/products/accessoires/s_l_t_99_24_karat/index.html

:biggrin:

mickeydrippin60

Veteran
they are probably trying to sell those bottles off "cheep" because the uci are changing the regulations on water bottles so they cant have any aerodynamic advantages and the maximum size is going to be 800ml

Top Bottom