Is it just me or...........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

...............is the world of media getting lazy.....?

Its just that i find everything so unsatisfying these days, Music all sounds the same to a greater extent, Movies are either a clone of old ones or banal american student comedy flicks, TV is full of chefs and wannabe singers, even magazines are 90% adverts and 10% utter drivel. Even the adverts on telly are rubbish and continue to insult the intelligence

Prime offenders -

Music - Keane / Snow patrol......seperated at birth???

Film - Anything with Will ferrell/SawIII etc etc etc etc

TV - X Factor/Big Brother/jamies kitchen/gordon "sweary" ramsey/The Kitchen

Adverts - cillit bang/That god awfull Barclays one with the blonde haired permed git
Magazines - FHM/Nuts

Im either getting old or its true ....media is dead.:ohmy:

Mr Phoebus

I've noticed the new Cillit-Bang advert, he actually talks normally instead of shouting. Thank f**k for small mercies!!!!!

Mr Got-to. Your avatar? Is it the 70's Joy of Sex man???

stevenb

I couldn't agree more.
Everyone has run out of ideas of what to show.
Look at all the Reality TV crap...it is awful.....really really bad.:ohmy:
It's part of mankind's decline.

We are destined to wipe out our own existance in the future.....not in our time though.
I know my statement is a little extreme but people are forced into lifestyles they don't want thesedays.
Getting back to basics is what I call good living.
That's why people are leaving these shores......they don't want the hustle and bustle, drivel, reality TV, americanised lifestyles that we are living.

I'd love to go and live in Canada.:biggrin:

Mr Phoebus

stevenb said:
lmao:biggrin:...well said.....I think all people like him are utterly pointless and serve no purpose to life itself.:biggrin:

I was sickened the other day to read he's got more ideas in the pipeline. :ohmy:
It's rare I watch BBC1 or ITV1 (due to reality-TV) mostly watch the History channel, BBC4, etc.

Slowgrind

Once you reach a certain age you turn into an old git. A short while later you turn into a miserable old git. Not long now GTGF?

Big Bren

I agree that entertainment media is fat and lazy, largely because the majority of the population of this country is similarly fat and lazy, so demands less and less from the media it consumes in terms of quality and diversity. Hence the rise and rise of mindless, cheap to make pap that pollutes the airwaves, book shops and newsstands.

It is still possible to be entertained, but it takes effort.

Bren

I'm only happy when I'm miserable! :biggrin: :ohmy:

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

Mr Phoebus said:
I've noticed the new Cillit-Bang advert, he actually talks normally instead of shouting. Thank f**k for small mercies!!!!!

Mr Got-to. Your avatar? Is it the 70's Joy of Sex man???

Im not sure ......he does'nt look overjoyed....i just found the pic on google images and it made me laugh so i thought "thats the one for me"

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

Mr Phoebus said:
Cowell needs taking out.....and I don't mean on the town either.

Perhaps we could use the same hitman that is going to do Steveb's neighbours on a sort of 2 for 1 basis, might work out cheaper that way. We would also only need to dig one grave ......a little deeper though. Im sure Steve wouldnt mind pitching in with the digging

Top Bottom