Is it just me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Onthedrops

Veteran
Currently using Fulgaz for my winter training rides. Really enjoying it.
However, I've got into a bad habit.
Instead of just having a steady ride and enjoying the scenery like you would on a regular ride I tend to start off nice and easy and within 5 minutes or so am pedalling like a maniac! Good training I guess as my legs generally testify afterwards.
I generally pick hour long plus routes and obviously this means constant pedalling both up and down hills.
Pretty realistic what with the footage and resistance but I do know that come spring/summer I cannot see myself powering downhill like I do on the training workouts.
I guess it's a case of completing the training rides at the same or even better time than they were filmed. ie beat the rider!

Anyone else end up going all out on their turbo sessions?

It was 16 degrees C today in Yorkshire?

CXRAndy

Guru
Currently using Fulgaz for my winter training rides. Really enjoying it.
However, I've got into a bad habit.
Instead of just having a steady ride and enjoying the scenery like you would on a regular ride I tend to start off nice and easy and within 5 minutes or so am pedalling like a maniac! Good training I guess as my legs generally testify afterwards.
I generally pick hour long plus routes and obviously this means constant pedalling both up and down hills.
Pretty realistic what with the footage and resistance but I do know that come spring/summer I cannot see myself powering downhill like I do on the training workouts.
I guess it's a case of completing the training rides at the same or even better time than they were filmed. ie beat the rider!

Anyone else end up going all out on their turbo sessions?

Turbo sessions can be very productive, especially if you dont stop pedalling.

One of the best training plans is polarised training with around 80-20 split.

80% is training in Z1 or Z2 and 20% done above threshold Z5 high intensity intervals.

I used Trainer Road a few years ago and for 16 weeks did high cadence endurance workouts building upto 2hr30mins of constant pedalling. I took my new fitness and put it to good effect with a weeks tour in Tenerife. I found the climbs, 2-4 hour very manageable

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
I started with erg workouts in Zwift for a few months - so difficult to go ‘all out’ since the intensity is set by the program .... but the last 6 weeks I’ve raced every weekday and that’s a different story. No matter how many times I tell myself I’ll start slow and build, I just can’t - the barrier goes down and I’m like a crazy man, giving 110% right to the finish post - I need some self control :blush: ... luckily it’s only a bit of fun !

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Did exactly the same again tonight. The ride I chose started with a shortish hill. Big ring and powered up it!
Came to the descent and was pedalling like a madman!
With Fulgaz being footage recorded by somebody who has ridden the route I always find myself trying to beat their time. Gotta say it takes some doing, often being a minute or two behind them. Often disbelieve their time due to the effort I've put in.
Still, it's a workout.

Top Bottom