Is It Me?..............................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slowgrind

On the drive to work this week at about 7-30am I see a guy sitting on the parapet wall above the motorway looking as if he`s about to jump. The local radio quickly announced that the road was to be closed for some time due to an incident! All this week it has been turning over in my mind did he or didn`t he?
Then this morning whilst driving along our motorway link road I spot another chap sitting with his legs hanging over a lane full of traffic! This guy is sat alone looking hard at the cars passing beneath. I hope that all has turned out o.k. for these guys, but what is going on. Seeing this twice in one week is making me feel anxious. Nothing compared to the disturbed feelings of these two

If I could give you an answer, Slowgrind, I'd be famous. I think?

Zoiders

It is strange the things you see on the road

I once saw a woman deliberately abondon two children at a motorway service station, just put them out of the car and sped off, tyres screeching the works

You do wonder how these things resolve themself

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I dont understand why they close the whole of the motorway for someone wanting to jump off.
It does make you think about what had happened to the people. A couple of days ago there was an armed car stop the car i was in from going round a roundabout, and all the other cars and a 4X4 followed with 2 other police cars behind. We didnt see anyone in the 4X4 but the driver.
You could always phone up your local police and ask?

gbb

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
I dont understand why they close the whole of the motorway for someone wanting to jump off.
It does make you think about what had happened to the people. A couple of days ago there was an armed car stop the car i was in from going round a roundabout, and all the other cars and a 4X4 followed with 2 other police cars behind. We didnt see anyone in the 4X4 but the driver.
You could always phone up your local police and ask?

I guess for several reasons...
Safety of the road users (people dropping on cars would be something to avoid...obviously)
Safety of the emergency services...concentrate on the job in hand, not worry about the traffic.
Avoid the public witnessing something traumatic. A colleague once drove past the immediate aftermath of a car accident where children were killed. He says the sight is still with him now, several years later. You really dont want to see something like that.

Top Bottom