is it worth the effort?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr Mag00

rising member
to pack up cycling kit to go away for four days and maybe , only maybe get in 2 rides maximum over that period, or should i pack the bike and turbo and at least i dont have all the kit and bike to wash. plus i ahve no idea where to ride when i get there
already driving with a roof box, do i really want to add boot carrier too?

Maz

Guru
Where u off to magoo? xmas at the in-laws? don't even think about takin the bike mate...

Maz

Guru
mr Mag00 said:
yh but i might need an escape :smile: especially in the mornings
listen to the voice of experience - you're playin with fire even thinkin of getting out for a ride at your in-laws. I should know. Believe me, I should know.

I SHOULD know, but it's never stopped me before...;)

OP
OP
mr Mag00

mr Mag00

rising member
its the sister in law but she is kinda cool, and wouldnt mind im sure, infact they would think im mad for doing any kind of exercise any way.

Chrisz

Über Member
Take the bike!! A great way of getting a little peace and quiet ;) You'll only regret it if you don't and see lots of lovely routes you could have cycled :smile:

gavintc

Guru
Well, I leave Xmas eve and come back Boxing Day and intend to put the bike in the car. My cycle kit fits into a small bag and is lighter than the turbo. I want to do an hour on Christmas Day somewhere in North Yorkshire - perhaps on the roads of Dalby Forest.

But, there is just 2 of us in a sizeable car and the bike will fit into the back so we do not have the hassle of racks and boxes. In that scenario, I would take my running kit and go for a 3 mile run.

Top Bottom