Is my Campagnolo record brake missing a bit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'm just about to stick this on ebay, and noticed that it looks like there might be a bit missing - wondered if anyone out there might know. If you look at where the spring meets the mech on the right, there's a wee black pastic lug with a groove where the spring sits...but on the other arm, no equivalent lug. There is a wee metal peg in the equivalent 'lug hole', and the spring doesn't seem in any danger of slipping off the arm or anything, but does anyone know if there should be a grooved lug there?

Anyone? Thanks if you can help.

xqf5oj.jpg

Radius

SHREDDER
Looks like half of it has snapped off, you can see the other 'guide' thing behind the spring, but nothing infront on the LHS

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Yeah - exactly..I was just wondering if someone might actually have one they could have a look at. Maybe it's meant to be that way. Like I say, it doesn't show any signs of slipping out.

e-rider

crappy member
almost certainly supposed to be like that. A brake like that isn't going to sell for much more than a couple of quid, surely?

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Thanks RecordAce - I think that pretty much confirms what I'd suspected...there is a bit missing. I'll be sure to mention it when I list.

Top Bottom