Is my cycle computer set 'right'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

I've a Cateye Velo something...

Now ages back I set it up etc...

http://www.cateye.com/sites/cateye/upload/manuals/en/VL500.pdf - its the same manual for the model Ive got but mines got a calorie counter on it.

I put in the setting for a 700c wheel.

Though i thought it wasnt exact enough so i messed around with the settings and it turns out the *210 is the same as the 700c wheel setting.

The reason I started trying to get exact with it is; if I'm riding slowly and I know Ive just travelled a metre a metre will not register that and will be quite laxidasical/slow.

It got a wire and is NOT wire-less.

Do I need to adjust the Wheel No.* ;)

k-dog

I never believe the measurements they give you for a certain wheel size - it mainly depends on the tyre you're using.

The only way to do it is to measure - just get a measuring tape and roll your wheel along it a couple of times - using the valve is the easiest way. Do it a couple of times to get an average and then use that number.

RedBike

It works by 'counting' how many times the sensor has passed the reciever / how long it takes for the magnet to come back round again.

The first time the magnet passes the reciever it will start the computer; the next time the magnet passes the reciever it will assume the bikes travelled 2.1meters, then 4.2 and so on There's no way it can measure a meter.

Top Bottom