Is my Strada Wireless dead?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
it's 2 years old and batteries replaced when needed. Last week the word "unit" appeared with no warning so I reset but did not change battery and it worked fine...however again today the word "unit" appeared. I suspect if I reset again it will work ok for a few days. Is this a common problem and if I can no longer use should I now replace with a garman?

vickster

Legendary Member
Change both batteries and then reset, see if that works

Replace with a Garmin if you want a Garmin? Or just use a smartphone with Strava or similar

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I have several Strada wireless computers, I've never had this happen, if the battery is on its way out the display usually starts fading before it goes completely dead. It may be goosed.

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
I have several Strada wireless computers, I've never had this happen, if the battery is on its way out the display usually starts fading before it goes completely dead. It may be goosed.
I agree with you...that's what I expected to happen the display to start fading..and as this has not happened and the word "unit" suddenly appeared I have a feeling that it's time to say bye bye :sad:

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
in the past when I have replaced the batteries in the main unit I have not done so in the wheel sensor...should both be done at the same time?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
No, I've never yet had to replace a battery in a wheel sensor only the head unit. The battery in the sensor will only need replacing if it stops detecting wheel movement. One of my Strada's has recorded nearly 7500 miles and the sensor battery has never been replaced.

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
And glad to say that after the tech team had a look they have agreed to send me a brand new one....not bad well done cateye :smile:

Top Bottom