Is 'racist' humour ever acceptable?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
rich p said:
I read a blog on crazyguyonabike by a Dubliner who was cycling through Eastern Europe to Iran and came across a small town in Rumania called Lovrin which had a load of his wheelie bins possibly illegally. It caused a bit of fuss apparently as someone from the council dept may have been flogging them

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=3Tzut&page_id=91745&v=CB
I've read the blog, however, I refuse to believe it.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rhythm Thief said:
I remember when I was at university (or "Polytechnic" as it was then) there was an article in the student rag about how we should be referring to people as "dysabled" rather than "disabled". This was apparently a more positive way to do it, althopugh why misspelling things is more positive, I couldn't tell you.;)

I guess that could be along the same lines as feminists using the spelling 'wimmim'* instead of women, in order to avoid the use of 'men'. Nutty if you ask me, but I wonder if it's the same principle...

* I think that was the spelling...

Different Cultures can be misunderstood, and often non-racist names can be seen as offensive.

The Forces are an excellent example - I served with a colleague wo was a 6'2" Nigerian called "Chalky"

Insulting and racist or simply the fact that everyone with the surname White was called "Chalky" or "Snowy".......and NOT including him would have been potentially discriminatory .

Top Bottom