Is suspension fork look okay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker2772

So I had my bike for 2 and half years and I only use it in summer for 3 months to 4 months each year and I am not sure if my suspension fork seals are damaged or not. I have attached an image. Secondly, on the suspension fork, there is scratches but It feel smooth so is that an issue? I have attacthed images.

Attachments

• 20210304_215228.jpg
    20210304_215228.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210304_220427.jpg
    20210304_220427.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 17

chris-suffolk

When were they last serviced?

iluvmybike

Über Member
You haven't siad what make the fork is? From the photos looking at the rubber boot cover I suspect they are a very cheap pair which are not serviceable. They are the use til knackered variety. The scratches have come about because the wiper seals are dirty with grit & gunge

OP
OP
B

Biker2772

You haven't siad what make the fork is? From the photos looking at the rubber boot cover I suspect they are a very cheap pair which are not serviceable. They are the use til knackered variety. The scratches have come about because the wiper seals are dirty with grit & gunge
I have no idea what the make is for the suspension.

Also, because of the scratches, will it affect how the suspension works. It doesnt seem to have a rough feel to it.

The bike is called MuddyFox recoil 26 inch
Link: https://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox-recoil26-mens-938441

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They look like a basic set. Just keep them clean and use a bit of silicone spray to keep the seals lubricated. Nothing else you can do really. The scratches look OK for that type of fork - it's only chrome plating.

Lovacott

Über Member
So I had my bike for 2 and half years and I only use it in summer for 3 months to 4 months each year and I am not sure if my suspension fork seals are damaged or not. I have attached an image. Secondly, on the suspension fork, there is scratches but It feel smooth so is that an issue? I have attacthed images.
Unless you are using the bike for downhill racing on mountainous tracks, you have nothing to worry about.

OP
OP
B

Biker2772

They look like a basic set. Just keep them clean and use a bit of silicone spray to keep the seals lubricated. Nothing else you can do really. The scratches look OK for that type of fork - it's only chrome plating.

Will muc off silicone shine do?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Will muc off silicone shine do?

Yes.

Top Bottom