Is the Bitcoin bubble about to burst?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Timing the market is a well known folly, but that said, does this look like a time to buy?

BD49D9B7-01CD-43C4-AFC4-3F73083733CA.jpeg

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Better still, this plot of the classic market bubble:

View attachment 386417

or tjhis one:

View attachment 386418

and the dot com bubble

View attachment 386419

and tulip mania

View attachment 386423

and the south sea bubble
View attachment 386424

It's funny...whenever you talk to private investors, or see their babblings on the bulletin boards, they all thing they are in the "Smart Money" phase of every investment

The reality is that 95% of all private investors lose money by buying and selling shares (and bitcoins, and trading forex etc etc)

PK99

Legendary Member
It's funny...whenever you talk to private investors, or see their babblings on the bulletin boards, they all think they are in the "Smart Money" phase of every investment

The reality is that 95% of all private investors lose money by buying and selling shares (and bitcoins, and trading forex etc etc)

Truth is, when it has reached the babbling bulletin boards it is by definition in the Public phase Enthusiasm/Greed/Delusion

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Truth is, when it has reached the babbling bulletin boards it is by definition in the Public phase Enthusiasm/Greed/Delusion

Yup...there is one company I watch on the BBs and their investors are in the Denial/Fear phase now. It would be funny to read, were it not so sad. They're all sitting on 50% losses, talking to each other trying to engender some collective optimism

PK99

Legendary Member
Yup...there is one company I watch on the BBs and their investors are in the Denial/Fear phase now. It would be funny to read, were it not so sad. They're all sitting on 50% losses, talking to each other trying to engender some collective optimism

A friend who is a Wealth Manager in the city tells me he used to play with his own money trying to second guess the market - after losing lots, he decided to play the percentage game as advised by his firms research dept and he did for clients. Much better returns.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
What does the phrase "smart money" mean?

I think in this case it refers to investment made by individuals who do careful research of the business model, the management, the market, the valuation etc etc. As opposed to investments made by people who see the price of something increasing and who hope the increase continues

PK99

Legendary Member
I think in this case it refers to investment made by individuals who do careful research of the business model, the management, the market, the valuation etc etc. As opposed to investments made by people who see the price of something increasing and who hope the increase continues

Yep, the smart money will already have taken a lot out of the market, banking a good profit.

Top Bottom