Is the Sanhema Bike any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikenerd

Looking to buy a bike and I’ve found a Sanhema bike for a relatively good price, only thing is is that I’ve never heard of it so opinions?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
From what I have gleaned from the Internet they seem to produce cheap Chinese bikes sold main in the far east and on AliExpress, although available in the UK too. They produce many types including folders, road bikes, and MTBs.
Have a look at their description of a road bike. No specs.
  • Introducing the Sanhema Equinox Race Bike: Experience the pinnacle of cycling excellence with this latest release, the 2021 Sanhema Road Racing Bike, designed for both competitive racing and everyday use.
  • Race-ready performance: You can shift effortlessly through 21 gears on the ergonomically designed carbon steel frame of this racing bike, perfect for conquering any terrain with precision and speed.
  • Unmatched quality and comfort: Enjoy the luxury of a gel-padded race seat as you glide on 26-inch yongfs race tyres, all while experiencing the reliability of disk brakes and a lightweight 10.5kg build.
  • British craftsmanship: Proudly sourced and stocked in the UK, this bike boasts a robust steel construction, seven positioning tower wheels, and environmentally friendly finishing touches.
  • Specifications and features: From its 18-inch carbon steel frame to its TZ30 shifter and 14g black spokes, every detail of the Sanhema Equinox Race Bike is crafted to deliver unparalleled performance and style.
If I were you I wouldn't bother.

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
That’ll be a pile of junk, I wouldn’t go anywhere near it.
If that’s your price point for a bike, shop around on eBay and other market places, and buy a better quality second hand bike.

That’ll be a pile of junk, I wouldn’t go anywhere near it.
If that’s your price point for a bike, shop around on eBay and other market places, and buy a better quality second hand bike.
^ 100% this ^

Whilst any bike that gets you riding is a good thing, you can do so much better.

A terrible entry-level bike can actually put folks off cycling like a cheap guitar deters many beginners: there's a sweet spot in joy-for-money that starts at about the price of a used Triban.

Top Bottom