Is there a electrician in the house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

He's turned the leccy off, it's all gone horribly wrong and he's now waiting for an emergency sparky.
As long as it's not
He's turned the leccy off, it's all gone horribly wrong and his wife is now waiting for the emergency services
Or even worse still
He's turned the leccy off, it's all gone horribly wrong and his wife is now waiting for the emergency undertaker

newts

Veteran
FB_IMG_1664201580844.jpg

si_c

Guru
Just in case...today's out too. I will post in the aftermath, promise. :rolleyes:

Sounds like procrastination to me :laugh:

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Sounds like procrastination to me :laugh:

Never rule out blind terror... :whistle:

Ok, good news first: I'm alive & kicking. :hello: Bad news next: failure :sad:.

Switched the wire over, as per instructions, same difference: living room light won't come on (and I've tested/swapped bulbs, so I know it's not a bulb issue), and the hall contacts seem as dead as before: the testing screwdriver glows on the red contacts, nothing on the black. And my desk lamp wired to the appropriate contacts is dead as a doornail. Much as it goes against the grain I think it might be time to call in The Man. Unless anyone has any other ideas I could try?

si_c

Guru
Never rule out blind terror... :whistle:

Ok, good news first: I'm alive & kicking. :hello: Bad news next: failure :sad:.

Switched the wire over, as per instructions, same difference: living room light won't come on (and I've tested/swapped bulbs, so I know it's not a bulb issue), and the hall contacts seem as dead as before: the testing screwdriver glows on the red contacts, nothing on the black. And my desk lamp wired to the appropriate contacts is dead as a doornail. Much as it goes against the grain I think it might be time to call in The Man. Unless anyone has any other ideas I could try?

I'd have called in the Man before now to be honest.

D

Deleted member 26715

Okay at least you learnt something new & lived to tell the tale, have you put the wiring back in the CU as it was before? If not you may have introduced a 2nd fault which The Man may have to figure out as well.

Top Bottom