Is there a time of the week that’s best for buying Euros?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ours is Mastercard and accepted everywhere Mastercard is accepted that’s most places we ever traveled to.

This is what I use. For the life of me I can't ever remember it being refused. And if I use it to get cash from a foreign ATM I always make sure to chose the UK conversion rate not the local one.

OP
OP
dicko

dicko

Guru
yeah but... Mastercard is credit card, not a travel money card.

Our Caxton card uses the Mastercard logo it’s a travel money card free withdrawals and purchase in the currency we choose to load. It is definitely not a credit card.We are warned not to reserve rooms or car rental as this can sponge up your cash balance, for this we would use our Nationwide credit card but we won’t need to it’s for emergencies.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Our Caxton card uses the Mastercard logo it’s a travel money card free withdrawals and purchase in the currency we choose to load. It is definitely not a credit card.We are warned not to reserve rooms or car rental as this can sponge up your cash balance, for this we would use our Nationwide credit card but we won’t need to it’s for emergencies.

if you'd said you use a Caxton card your post would have been a lot clearer.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I use the Wise card. You can setup virtual digital cards, you can freeze cards for when you are not using them, you can opt for interest to be paid on the balance. You can load the currencies you want on it, at a time that suits. It’ll use balances from other loaded currencies if you go beyond what you’ve loaded for the currency you’re spending in. Free cash withdrawal from it, up to £200 a day, if you want some notes. You can change the PIN in the app, and approve transactions. Every thing you do with it is notified in the app. It’s Visa and works that way as far as payment is concerned.

I’ve used for USD, EUR, AUD so far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom