Is there anything like the "Motability" scheme for adapted / disabled bikes and trikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
We tried when we bought the Gekko but after a long battle managed to reclaim VAT on the handlebar extensions
I'll get back to the local tax office on Thursday. Over that way again then. Something to do with the rule changes last year. If they hand the paperwork over, I'll scan and post it.

I'll get back to the local tax office on Thursday. Over that way again then. Something to do with the rule changes last year. If they hand the paperwork over, I'll scan and post it.
Thanks - probably too late as the purchase was before the changes, but useful for N+1

Captainwull

After being offered a wheelchair I decided I'd be better off with a folding bike - much better for independence and keeping mobile. After trying out a few different ones I plumped for a Brompton SL2. I researched hard to try and get back the VAT, my doctor even wrote a letter to try and get some sort of grant for the purchase but it was a complete waste of time.

Top Bottom