Is this a compact?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
39/52 rings, no it's not a compact chainset.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
shippers said:
Nice bike though.

Thank you :smile: Only popped in for a bottom bracket for the hardtail though... :wacko:

Sheffield_Tiger said:
If the photo is "actual size" then it's definitely compact! :thumbsup:

lol :smile:

potsy

Rambler
Panter said:
Thank you :thumbsup: Only popped in for a bottom bracket for the hardtail though... :wacko:

lol :smile:
Dangerous places bike shops,I had to leave my credit card at home last weekend when I went to one,just in case of a moment of weakness:biggrin:
Nice bike pal:becool:

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Good plan :smile:

Actually this is even worse, I've put a deposit on it to pick up next payday, which is some way away yet :wacko:
I've never had a really nice bike before though, so I thought I'd treat myself :thumbsup:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Nice bike - you could always put a 105 compact chainset on it of course ........... maybe the shop would swap it?

Nice Bike !
I've got a 38/52 Double on my Kinesis and it can be harder up the hills, whilst the 36/50 compact on my other bike is easier I prefer to feel the climb and the benefits on downhills when I'm not spinning out. The 12-25 cassette also mitigates things slightly.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks all.

I think I'll ask if I can exchange it for a compact.
I wasn't too worried to start with, but I was very aware that I had to make use of the granny gear on my tripple this morning, as I do just about every time I ride :laugh:

If not, I'll see how it goes and look to swap it out later on.
I've been looking to push my riding to the next level, so this might be a way to push myself into it.

Top Bottom