is this a dave lloyd?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scarygerbil

hi guys
I picked this frame up a few months ago it was repainted before i got it but a few things don't seem right
first the bottom bracket is Italian. Then someone said Dave Lloyd didn't do lugged frames and why just apannographed D were is the L.
It is a nice frame and iwill enjoy it i'm just wondering if it is what it says on the can DSC_1814.JPG DSC_1815.JPG DSC_1816.JPG DSC_1817.JPG DSC_1818.JPG DSC_1819.JPG DSC_1820.JPG DSC_1821.JPG
and no dising the garden i've been busy

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Looks a nice enough frame who ever made it .

Sure he is still about , so try contacting him and see what he comes up with ?

Very strange re Italian threading , it might well be they were built by an Italian company for Dave LLoyd to sell but then why only the D ?

Don’t worry about the garden: given a choice between pruning and fettling, I think we would all be on the same side.:okay:

I say this as someone who has the mother-in-law visiting and came home to find her weeding the flower beds:shy:

OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

still not sure who made the frame sent an email to davelloyd but no reply so the build continues
its now going to the LBS as I don't want to wire those brakes
DSC_1827.JPG

wonderdog

Don’t worry about the garden: given a choice between pruning and fettling, I think we would all be on the same side.:okay:

I say this as someone who has the mother-in-law visiting and came home to find her weeding the flower beds:shy:
Terrifying thought ... just think that as she's trowelling away her thoughts turn to how you are an unworthy match for her beloved daughter - and an incompleat gardener to boot. Relatives are like fish ... they go off after two days.

stevevw

Guru
That is a very nice frame. Not a Lloyd though in my opinion. He defiantly made or had made lugged frames, this is mine.
20160726_184238.jpg
20160726_184328.jpg
20160726_184320.jpg

Top Bottom