is this a good bike/spec

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coco69

Veteran
2008 Dawes 601

SPEC:

Frame: Lightweight alloy double butted Discovery frame with mudguard and rack fixings -
Forks: Lightweight allo with ff set blades - Gears: Shimano FD-R443 front and Shimano RD-5600 105 10 speed rear derailleurs - Shifters: Shimano SL-R440 9 speed shifters -
Chainset: TruVativ Elite alloy crankset with 48/38/28 tooth chainrings -
Brakes: Shimano v-brakes BR-M431 with lockable Tektro rear -
Wheels: Alex Ace 18 32 hole double wall rims built on Shimano M530 quick release hubs - Tyres: Schwalbe Stelvio 700x28c -
Handlebars: Flat bar black satin - Stem: 1 1/8th a-head fully adjustable stem - comfort end rests
Saddle: Selle Royal
Seatpost: Alloy suspension lightweight micro adjustable post -

PpPete

Legendary Member
Not sure about the alloy forks,
Steel or carbon absorbs the road vibration better.

Suspension seatpost is a no-no in my book.
Make sure you can remove it before buying a 2nd hand bike with one.

Apart from that it's not bad for a hybrid.

battered

Guru
That's a lot of recent bike for under £300 IMO, if it's not been round the world twice or dropped then I'd be buying it if I liked it.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I think that the forks were carbon with alloy steerer - in which case they will be ok.

If you are having a look, take the chain off and make sure the cranks spin freely and then check for play in the wheels and the cranks,make sure that the chain doesn't slip in any gear and give the bike a look from the rear to make sure everything looks ok.

Cyclist33

na, bid low and be prepared to haggle up a little. its a second hand piece without accessories and average spec. fine for 220 odd.

Top Bottom