Is this a good spot to say hello?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lynx

Is this the place to say hello and offer virtual drinks and cake?

If it's not could this be moved to the correct place.

Thank you

bonj2

good as any
hi

Keith Oates

Janner
There is a beginners section which could be used for saying hello, but nothing here is regimented so saying it in Cake is fine. Welcome to the forum and I hope you'll enjoy some time and fun with us in the future. In the mean time you could also inform us what bike(s) you like riding etc.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
lynx

lynx

Well hello,

I'm a londoner who has collected several bikes, a Rockhopper that my girlfriend gave me. Needs a new bottom bracket and probably a new set of chain rings. This is to be my proper mountain bike that my other half are supposed to go mountain biking with, but due to her hip injuries we can't ride together.

A ridgeback Java hybrid that needs a seat post and a few repairs and servicing.

I also have a a Peugeot iseran that I rebuilt with really nice ultegra bits and before I noticed the frame is too big for me. Doh.

The bits from a Trek navigator hybrid that had a bent frame and an old ridgeback frame to build it in to.

So I'm a bit of a bike tinkerer really.

Oh I also ride a motorbike and I'm looking to commute more by bike as its a healthy option.

Danny

Legendary Member
lynx said:
Well hello,

I'm a londoner who has collected several bikes, a Rockhopper that my girlfriend gave me. Needs a new bottom bracket and probably a new set of chain rings. This is to be my proper mountain bike that my other half are supposed to go mountain biking with, but due to her hip injuries we can't ride together.

A ridgeback Java hybrid that needs a seat post and a few repairs and servicing.

I also have a a Peugeot iseran that I rebuilt with really nice ultegra bits and before I noticed the frame is too big for me. Doh.

The bits from a Trek navigator hybrid that had a bent frame and an old ridgeback frame to build it in to.

So I'm a bit of a bike tinkerer really.

Oh I also ride a motorbike and I'm looking to commute more by bike as its a healthy option.

Welcome.

Sounds like you various bikes need a lot of repair or adjustment. Are any of them actually rideable at the moment?

OP
OP
lynx

lynx

Dannyg said:
Welcome.

Sounds like you various bikes need a lot of repair or adjustment. Are any of them actually rideable at the moment?
The Iseran is rideable. I've been riding it occasionally, to work. But I enjoy projects. In cars and bikes, when they are fixed I usually move on to the next project.:biggrin:

Top Bottom