Is this any good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I have had a request to help my cycling mate.To pick him out a bike suitable for the canal towpaths.

Budget £200+ a bit of slack.

Got to be from a local shop so we can see it and if any prob's ease of dropping off.So nearly two hours on here.

Found him a GT PALAMOR £199-95.Special offer .Drakes Cycles of Leeds.

Can i recommend this as a good bike for the conditions of tow path and slightly muddy woodland tracks.No real off roading going to be done .

I know halfords name is not normally mentioned on here,but,they have an offer on a carrera "vengeance" £200 if bought over the web.Bike was £430 up until end of sept and is now £250 in store.Bought one last week cos I wanted an mtb for the winter in addition to my hybrid.Been out twice on it and think its great.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
GT bikes are very well made bikes. Though GT MTB frames are not to everybody's tastes. It will however be perfect for canal towpaths.

postman said:
I have had a request to help my cycling mate.To pick him out a bike suitable for the canal towpaths.

Budget £200+ a bit of slack.

Got to be from a local shop so we can see it and if any prob's ease of dropping off.So nearly two hours on here.

Found him a GT PALAMOR £199-95.Special offer .Drakes Cycles of Leeds.

Can i recommend this as a good bike for the conditions of tow path and slightly muddy woodland tracks.No real off roading going to be done .

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
ianrauk said:
GT bikes are very well made bikes. Though GT MTB frames are not to everybody's tastes. It will however be perfect for canal towpaths.

I second that, I've got a GT MTB frame and it's one of a very few frames that i haven't been able to break.

Not that i try to brake mtb frames on purpose!

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
I hope thats break cos i don't want my mate riding into the canal.

Thanks for the replies .Now up to him .I liked the look of it .

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
gt frames are good, unless you want to put a baby carrier on the back (the type with a seat tube bracket), as they don't fit.

if that is no issue, the gt palomar should be perfect for your friends needs.

Top Bottom