Is this bike a good choice/value

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think this thread sounds like a wind up, ... is the price too dear,.... i will ask him to sell bike without groupset, used tyres are a bargain, i want to upgrade to ultegra before i have bought the bike ,... and then......
would rather focus on pleasure than numbers. And don't plan any climbs any time soon.

but just in case it isnt a wind up, seriously forget it at that price in your first post , there will be a lot more at better money out there, that you wont need to swap and change parts , in fact for your first roadbike you can spend less than that for brand new.

OP
OP
Peter Salt

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Apologies for double posting.

The jumble sale was pretty cool, got a pair of used clipless pedals but that's about it. They had a few framesets and bikes for sale but nothing that would fit me.

I did some negotiating with the TCR 2 guy but your collective impression seemed to be right - he is overestimating the value of that bike. This is probably because it's in near pristine visual condition and the fact that he dished out £600 on new wheels a few months ago. I've decided to forget about it.

Have found a 2017 TCR 1 for £900, practically all stock and looks well-maintained. An added bonus would be that I actually have a spare fork for it (got it at a 'recycle' shop for pennies) and I think (correct me if I'm wrong) it has the same groupset as the one I'll be getting from my mate (Ultegra 6800). I.e. I would have a bunch of spare parts if I ever need them.

Any thoughts?

LWeleven

Noooo 900 tops .there are some nice New bikes out there new for 1200-1500 . , once you have done a thousand miles and your in tune with the bike what it can and can’t do then start upgrades if it needs it , some times depending on the upgrade you may not even notice it in the real world , spend cash on a cycling trip and enjoy riding

Top Bottom