Is this bike any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shelliemac

Started cycling in June after about an 18year break and at the moment i am using my sons bike ( he is 9 LOL). Looking to buy my own one and had a looking in my local bike shop. I am looking to use the bike to commute to and from work but also to do some country rides along old railway lines. (Loads in this area). I dont have a huge budget say about £250 at most and the owner of bike shop recommended this one. Its a calude Butler (think it says safari on photo) think he says it has an aluminium frame so should be light enough for me.

Any comments/input or further suggestions are more than welcome as i want to get a bike that will last and i am happy with.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 64

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I am no expert but I think I would go for one without the front suspension fork for what you want it for. I believe that they are very heavy and will make it harder work with a very heavy bike.

puffinbilly

Veteran
I think I would go for the old faithful Halfords Subway - for £200 it is decent components and more than capable of some light trails - Halfords have a poor reputation but their Carrera bikes are well worth the money (when they're not trying to charge their 4 week inflated prices).

Your Claud Butler is cheap here - sure there will be others with more knowledge along shortly.

Top Bottom