is this bike wortha punt ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have seen another bike for more but a lot better,2021 with 8 speed microshift looks mint and £80.
I'm still tempted by the boardman frame still

Got a nice Ridley Orion if you are prepared to travel to Northamptonshire ?
IMG_20230831_064833076.jpg

IMG_20230831_064833076.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
And @cyberknight - I may be doing myself out of a sale here but this is available locally to me. Currently £30 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285446503804

s-l1600.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Pretty sure the one I have is a 54 frame but will check and confirm CTC on top tube .
It's very comfortable set up as in the pictures for me at 5ft 10" and such a nice ride

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Off to see a frame later that's only 10 ish miles away.
When I broached the subject of spending cash on bike bits Mrs CK threw a right wobbler so the boardman frame looks like it's out of my budget 🙁 as currently I have everything but a smaller frame and the boardman would see me buying the shifters, respraying and full bling build

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
And @cyberknight - I may be doing myself out of a sale here but this is available locally to me. Currently £30 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285446503804

View attachment 704783

£101 someone got a good deal @DCLane

Any interest in a Dawes Horizon? Near Derby. I have rebuilt it with new chainset, wheels, cassette, tyres and brakes. 54cm.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
And another bust , yeah yeah its the right size etc so i get there and its a large with a big L sticker on it , the reach is fully 7 cm longer than im set for and the seatpost is about my height with no post showing at all.

Getting mightily fed up now

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
And another bust , yeah yeah its the right size etc so i get there and its a large with a big L sticker on it , the reach is fully 7 cm longer than im set for and the seatpost is about my height with no post showing at all.

Getting mightily fed up now

It amazes me how people can't take measurements

Top Bottom