Is this normal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jim_Noir

I get this, Dr said it's called Tietze's syndrome. I hve had my sternum broken twice, so this is just a knock on affect of it. I normaly get it if I run/cycle in the cold, normaly it's gone in 24 hours.

Jim_Noir

willhub said:
Wonder if the sternum is what I could hear clicking?

Mine clicks off and on. When it broke (a drop elbow to the chest) it made a "pop click" noise and wasn't sore... untill a few days later. The pains I get now, and the nosie, is almost like when it was broken. I may not be broken as when it's brused it can still amke the pop sound and be painful.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'd get a second opinion from somewhere. Pains in arm and chest when exercising, when stressed and dizzy spell could all be signs of Angina. I know this because I had similar weirdness for quite a while and thought it all due to stress... untill a very telling moment...
A few weeks later I was undergoing an emergency stenting for a blocked coronary artery. I'd been back and forth to the quacks for ages and they'd never picked this up.

Jim_Noir

willhub said:
It makes sense it come be that though, as the only way to breath is to get through the pain, and doing that produces clicking noises like my joints.

This is the exact same as what I get, sort breaths make it worse and deep breathin (as painful as it is) is the only thing that gets through it. anti inflammatory pain killers are the only thing that seem to stop it. But go see the dr, just to make sure there is no heart issues there and hopefully it is just a muscle issue.

Yea will go see a doc.

When exercising I get pains on my shoulder/below the collar bone only when pushing too hard, usually it's on my right side that, sometimes on my left, this pain down my arm and up my neck was when I was not doing any exercise.

Jim_Noir

That sounds like a trapped nerve.

If I run too much in a week I seem to get a problem where my left ball pops up between the bone and skin. I'm sure folks think I'm playing with myself when I stop to fix it. I went to the Dr, told her, she laughed and said stop running!

D

Deleted member 1258

Willhub like Fab Foodie I have a chest full of stents, 4 to be precise, everything you you have posted says ANGINA to me, you need to get it thoroughly checked out by the Docs, a heart attack is not something you want to go through, get it checked as soon as you can.

Well, I'm apparently a hypochondriac, I'll go get this checked out, cant book a doctors appointment today as they ain't open, have to wait until Monday, but I guess I should take bad signs less seriously.

Looking at what Angina is it terrifys me to think I might have that, I don't want it at my age. I'm wanting to do a 50mile steady ride tomorrow though don't think I should put things off until I've found what it is. I've had similar pains for years now I think. Just thinking about angina makes my chest feel bad though :sad:, not like I'm unhealthy.

Oh, and I wish people on BR would stop taking the p155, I'm gone and you all still cant stop, even calling me an attention seeker which I am not. My Knee is not sorted out, but I've not done much cycling so it has calmed down. I'm not coming back, accounts deleted, sick of softlad.

D

Deleted member 1258

willhub said:
Says in my profile (19), from what I see I'm too young for that kind of problem anyway.

Why?

Just curious, I had'ent thought to look at your profile. At your age angina would be very unusual, but what you discribed in your posts were very similar to my angina symptoms.

Top Bottom