Is this place safe to shop.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aso Jones

I have had my Brompton now for 2 years.
Where I live hills are really hills and so I have worn my rims nearly down to the end of the wear indicator. So I thought to buy a spare set of complete wheels. Then I can build new rims into my old wheels and so rotate them as needed. Up until now I have bought my spares from SJS cycles, I have noticed a new shopping site called Brilliantbikes.co.uk and they are quite a bit cheaper... Anyone used this site to buy Brompton equipment?

Thanks.

jay clock

Massive member
looks excellent. If it is dodgy they have gone to massive efforts. Genuine in my view.

GTTTM

hmm - I'm a bit of a "if it looks too good to be true............it probably is"

I'm not keen on the fact that

a) the website is registered to a "non-trading UK individual"
b) they have conveniently opted to not bother putting any legal stuff on their website (T&C's and legal stuff all rather wishywashy

I'd be hesitant - it doesn't take much effort to put together a decent looking website these days.

*However having said all that they are listed on the brompton website as a dealer - so perhaps just a fledgeling company (though very naughty of him to not have registered it as a company website if that's the case
wink.gif
)

henshaw11

They've got an address in Surrey (Chobham):

https://brilliantbik...ontact-form.php

- their facebook pages mentions Woking too.

Between that and the Brompton listing, sounds fine to me...

(..I remember when Sigma Sport was a guy round the corner from me, selling out of his bedroom and advertising in Cycling Weekly..gotta start somewhere..)

Top Bottom