Is this the ideal retro brake lever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good morning,

I don't know if this is a new product, but it is the first time that I have seen it.

The undrilled has been around for a while and as far as I can see it is close to STI shape and size, in other words much bigger than a normal brake only lever and aimed at people who have tried STI and love the levers but have B/E, D/T or no shifters.

I am sorely tempted for my Raleigh as the novelty of retro is wearing off:smile:.
1679815952003.png

I don't have any experience with TRP (Tekto Racing Products) products but I have had positive experiences of the basic Tektro brake callipers, so I have no idea if they are worth £80 (£60 undrilled)

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member

Good morning,

Having looked around I see the TRP at £49/£29, the trouble is that I feel semi obligated to go to SJS as they sell all those weird and/or old fashioned things that most other retailers have given up on.

I have never heard of Origin8 so am off to look them up, I am tempted by a Genetic Heritage/Clubman chainset, another brand aimed at "I remember when bikes were better".:laugh:

[Edit]
Look at the Origin8 and their web site they look awfully like the basic Tektro levers
https://origin8.bike/collections/brakes-levers-1/products/classique-sport-road-levers
1679818768746.png

1679818820280.png

and the Tektro lever

1679818928582.png

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you want the horrible orange/brown look then OK. Personally just get some standard Shimano SLR levers - not expensive, look good and are still vintage enough - been around since the 90's.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I’d look at the Velo Orange web site. They carry DiaComp equipment who still make brake components as I had on my 70s and 80s stuff. Properly old designs in top quality.

But can be expensive

Top Bottom