is this the most beautiful bike in the world?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty

Globalti

Legendary Member
Eh? Some misguided folks might get a numb right arm I suppose but little fingers...?

Well I like it. It looks gorgeous and I've always liked those brakes, though I seem to recall they are not that good. It's all in the detail.

Really nice. It would make a lovely fixie!

There was a lot of resistance in the industry to oversized tubing even when it was proved to be more appropriate for frames constructed of aluniman. Alan and Vitus frames, both alu and carbon, were considered to be 'one season' frames due to their habit of failing at the lugs. They were light for their time but were soon blown out of the water by better technology from the likes of Cannondale, Klein, Spezzers Epic, LOOKs fine efforts and Giant's Cadex. Alen and Vitus never caught up. I rode an Alan Carbon mountain bike C1987. An utter, utter POS.

Back to the point; I cannot bring myself to like it because for me it represents an industrial-design and cycling culture cul-de-sac. Mountain bikes and the technological developments they ushered in rendered such bikes irrelevent.

And much as I hate to slag off Campag. Delta brakes suck.

It's nice though.

tony_s

nothing wrong with delta brakes if set up correctly. I use 'em on one of my bikes with no problems; I haven't any experience of campags latest "skellington" type calipers but they're not far behind the '06 records I have on my good bike for feel and brute power

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
On anything other than a little frame small diameter tubes now make a bike look like a garden gate with wheels.

They are nice to look at in the same way a Mk2 Cortina is, but I'd never want to ride one again.

Top Bottom