Is this toolkit suitable for what I need?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrfacetious

Veteran
The guy selling it says it is but he bloody would i'm guessing :PI need to remove an Octalink BB and install a Dura Ace Hollowtech II one, and then fit Ultegra Hollowtech II cranks. This kit seems great for £39.95 with free P&P especially if it does both these jobs, so any advice :blush:? thanks again guys

Kit Includes:

• [*]Isis/Shimano BB tool
    [*]Multi size spoke wrench
    [*]Cassette tool
    [*]Crank puller - Improved, now works with hollow axles
    [*]Chain tool
    [*]2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, and 6mm hex keys
    [*]Long 8mm hex key
    [*]8, 10, 14, and 15mm spanners
    [*]T-25 torx (for disc rotor bolts)
    [*]Pair of 13, 14, 15, and 16mm cone wrenches
    [*]1 x Flat headed screwdriver
    [*]1 x Cross headed screwdriver
    [*]Shimano Hollowtech 2 & Megaexo compatible crank adapter tool - New Tool
    [*]Tyres levers
    [*]Puncture repair kit
    [*]15mm pedals spanner & 14/15mm box spanner
    [*]Chainring bolt tool
    bc85_1.JPG

I bought one similar to this (Lifu) some years ago - it worked brilliantly, and performs most tasks.

The only problem is at this price bracket the flimsier tools such as allen keys are a likely to round and are not the best quality, but the solid bits like the spanners and bracket tools etc are fine and last for ages

A good purchase that I have simply updated over the years with better quality tools.

Bigtwin

I have one of those exact things. Paid about £10 off of a discount website. StirlingHouse IIRC.

Some of it is good quality, some isn't, but for that money it's worth it for the chain breaker and casette tools...

It does have the bits you need for those jobs though.

OP
OP
mrfacetious

mrfacetious

Veteran
and how much is a subscription? :welcome:
just to check, which tools would i use for each task? Just so i know i'm definitely not going to have to go out and buy an octalink bb tool or anything after realising it didn't work, not that i don't trust your word guys ha. I expect I'll post a thread asking you to help me go through the whole process in baby's steps when i get it anyway lol :tongue:

Top Bottom