Is this what I think it is....?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm looking for the Allen key (?) that clamps the shifters to the handlebars. Following on from a fall I've been trying to locate it and I think it may be this in the photo shown, where I was shown a similar SRAM Apex (mine is a Rival)?

If it is then why won't it do up? It says In, pointing clockwise but it won't tighten completely, preferring instead to keep turning.

Knowing the luck I've had of recent, it's probably something else I've interfered with, right?
Photo0099.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That will be the reach adjustment - it's way too small for the clamp. Check the sides or better still google Sram Rival Shifters.

I'll google now for you.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Yeah - as fossy says, that is one of the reach adjustments. (the "In" refers to moving the reach closer to the bars, IIRC)

The clamp is a much bigger one. Peel the cover back a bit further and it should appear.

fossyant

Dont worry - you will see the lever tip move in and out from the bars - thats the reach adjust.

TBH I was well impressed with the SRAM stuff setting up GB155's bike last year - nice kit.

Remember, big bolts hold things that need to be held tight, little bolts for adjusting !

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Dont worry - you will see the lever tip move in and out from the bars - thats the reach adjust.

TBH I was well impressed with the SRAM stuff setting up GB155's bike last year - nice kit.
I :wub: my Rival stuff !

Remember, big bolts hold things that need to be held tight, little bolts for adjusting !
Hmmm ... <thinks : neck, head .... :unsure:>

OP
OP
Monsieur Remings
Thanks folks, found it and sorted it. Yes, can see the lever tips moving a bit. Oh well, you learn something new everyday and as soon as I get my head around this bike, it'll be time to buy another one.

Big thanks to Fossy for all his help this evening, not for the first time.

fossyant

Whoop. And i don't have any road STI / ERGO systems. Only first gen MTB STI. Get In.

PS It's all the same anyway. SIS downtube shifters are the best....:becool:

Top Bottom